Dawn O’Connell, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), sent a Dear Tribal Leader letter announcing Tribal Consultation on recommendations to facilitate Tribal access to medical countermeasures and supplies that may be needed in public health emergencies. As part of this consultation, input is welcome on the following questions:
- What gaps or issues did your facility encounter when requesting federal assistance for medical supplies needed during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What recommendations do you have to improve and address the gaps or issues?
- What recommendations do you have to improve the request process for federal assistance to access supplies held in the Strategic National Stockpile and other federal and military stockpiles?
Please make plans to join ASPR and share your recommendations during one of the following virtual sessions:
- Monday, October 18, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 PM ET: Register Here
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 PM ET: Register Here
Please send your written comments and recommendations to [email protected] by October 22, 2021, with the subject line: Access to Federal Medical Supplies. If you have questions, please contact [email protected].