The US House of Representatives Subcommittee for Indigenous Peoples is hosting a livestreamed roundtable discussion on Friday, May 15, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time with three national tribal organizations to discuss the House of Representatives’ newly introduced Heroes Act, the ongoing implementation of the CARES Act, and the pressing need for additional federal support in Native American communities across the country to combat the coronavirus. The event is the second in an ongoing series on coronavirus impacts in Indian Country, which has remained in the national headlines as the virus continues to spread while the Trump administration fails to respond.
- Raúl M. Grijalva, Chair, House Committee on Natural Resources
- Ruben Gallego, Chair, Subcommittee for Indigenous Peoples of the United States
- Kevin J. Allis, Chief Executive Officer, National Congress of American Indians
- Dante Desiderio, Executive Director, Native American Finance Officers Association
- Walter Murillo, President, National Council of Urban Indian Health